Program Overview and Curriculum
Cuyahoga Community College has partnered with Cleveland-Cliffs, the world’s leading steel company, to develop the next generation of the steel industry's workforce. Training is targeted toward high-tech, well-paying job specialties in electrical and mechanical technology.
The Steelworker for the Future® Program empowers you in two ways; it pays you to earn college credit in a technical field, and it makes you employable upon program completion.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Pass college entrance exam
- On-site training at Cleveland-Cliffs
- Apply what you learn in class and earn credit
- Receive mentoring opportunities
- Earn wages to pay for your tuition
- Depending on the pathway selected, students will enroll and take Mechanical or Electrical related courses at Tri-C that is given in classroom and hand-on learning environments.
- College credit will be issued*.
- *Earn an Associate's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technology.
- *Coming Soon: The college will soon offer this program (condensed) as a Technical Certificate awarded at time of completion. Please reach out to Tri-C for more information.
- Gain the knowledge and practical experience you need to shape your own future.
- Upon completion, you could start at Cleveland-Cliffs earning an attractive wage with vacation, medical and a 401(k) plan with profit sharing.
Currently, the Steelworker for the Future® Program offers two Associate's Degree options to choose from (Electrical and Mechanical). Students may be eligible for paid internships at Cleveland-Cliffs throughout or after completion of the program.
Please reach out to a Tri-C Program Manager for a detailed course requirement pathway for the Associate's Degree programs.
Coming Soon: The college will soon offer this program (condensed) as a Technical Certificate awarded at time of completion. Please reach out to Tri-C for more information.