Degree/Certificate: Certificate of Proficiency
This program provides basic training for students who want to acquire the fundamental skills of Stick, MIG, TIG, and OxyFuel welding and introduces additional industry technologies: programming of welding robots, fabrication, nondestructive testing techniques, metallurgy, and workplace safety. Students have the potential to earn three nationally recognized certifications. At the conclusion of the MIG, TIG, and Stick welding classes, students submit a test piece (between 1F and 4G) for certification evaluation.
- Students can earn multiple national welding certifications
- New welding lab with high-tech equipment from Lincoln Electric
- Learn to program welding robots
- Learn introductory nondestructive weld evaluation techniques
- Complete a complex fabrication project
- Job placement assistance available
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.