Eligibility and Courses
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Women in various stages of transition in their lives (i.e. returning to work force, unemployed, divorced, widowed, seeking career change or just feeling “stuck”)
- Individual intake appointment completed and eligibility determined prior to start of class
- Registration is required for enrollment
NO-COST multi-week non-credit course in:
- Personal Development: Designed to offer guidance and support as we look at the issues related to self-confidence, motivation, effective communication, attitude, time-management and personal responsibility. Concentration is placed on personal growth and development leading to empowerment.
- Career Exploration: Explore your interests, skills and values. What career is a good match for your personality? What are the fastest growing careers? What degree or certificate program is right for you? Prepare a good resume and increase your interview skills.
- Basic Computer (not offered in community based programs): Learn proper website search and email etiquette and how to use social networks. Explore resume resources, increase your computer skills and various computer platforms
- Scavenger Hunt: Participate in a task to identify opportunities for your personal and career goals, with activities designed to help you reflect upon your actual education and career goals.
Please note that our campus-based program offers both a 6-week, non-credit SEAT-BASED OR an ONLINE course. Next classes begin January 2023!
The program is also offered as a five-week course at the Tri-C Access Centers, operated in partnership with Esperanza Inc. and Olivet Housing and Development Corporation. Other community partners include Rainbow Terrace and Laura's Home. Please contact our office to inquire about more information about our external classes.