Eligibility and Courses
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Women in various stages of transition in their lives i.e. returning to work force, unemployed, divorced, widowed, seeking career change or just feeling “stuck”
- Individual intake appointment completed and eligibility determined prior to start of class
- Registration is required for enrollment
FREE multi-week non-credit course in:
- Personal Development: Designed to offer guidance and support as we look at the issues related to self-confidence, motivation, effective communication, attitude, time-management and personal responsibility. Concentration is placed on personal growth and development leading to empowerment.
- Career Exploration: Explore your interests, skills and values. What career is a good match for your personality? What are the fastest growing careers? What degree or certificate program is right for you? Prepare a good resume and increase your interview skills.
- Basic Computer (not offered in community based programs): Learn proper website search and email etiquette and how to use social networks. Explore resume resources, increase your computer skills and various computer platforms
- Scavenger Hunt: Participate in a task to identify opportunities for your personal and career goals, with activities designed to help you reflect upon your actual education and career goals.
At this time, our free, seat-based program has been converted to a 6-week, non-credit online course. WE HAVE NOW ADDED ON-CAMPUS DAY CLASSES TO BE OFFERED AT THE METRO AND WESTERN CAMPUSES, BEGINNING OCT. 26!
These free programs are typically offered two days per week, two hours each day, for a five-week time period. Click on your program of choice for more information.