Transfer Planning Timeline
We strongly recommend that you meet with a Tri-C academic counselor and a Tri-C transfer specialist every semester to make sure you are on track for a successful transfer.
- Meet with a Tri-C counselor each semester to discuss your degree program and create an academic plan.
- Inform your counselor if you plan to transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Be sure to check that your degree is transfer-friendly.
- Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS) are generally transferable.
- Although applied degrees (AAS and AAB) are generally not designed for transfer, there are seamless transfer pathways available for select majors.
- Discuss career options and goals.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a transfer specialist.
- Visit representatives from four-year schools during scheduled table visits and at Tri-C transfer events.
- Identify two-to-three schools that have your program of interest and are a good fit for you.
- Schedule an external advising appointment to learn how your credits will transfer. Some of our partner schools meet with students on-campus in the Transfer Centers.
- Tour your schools of interest.
- The Transfer Center takes students on free tours during the fall and spring semesters.
- Gather information about transfer admission and FAFSA/financial aid deadlines for your selected schools.
- Search for transfer scholarships and financial aid resources.
- Petition for graduation from Tri-C.
- Apply to your selected schools for transfer admission.
- Submit required materials ahead of admissions and scholarship deadlines.
- You will need to send official Tri-C transcripts twice: once when you apply and once when you complete your courses/degree.
- Complete FAFSA and send to all schools to which you are applying.
- Complete scholarship application(s), if applicable.
- Make sure you follow up with your school to verify documentation needed for financial aid.
- View this short video for more information: Financial Aid Tips for Transfer Students
- Wait to hear from your school of choice and accept admission according to stated deadlines.
- Comply with any required orientations or programs at the school and schedule to meet with your academic advisor.
- Visit the Transfer Center to confirm where you will be attending.