Area of Study: Veterinary Technology
Degree/Certificate: Associate of Applied Science degree in Veterinary Technology
If you are not already an active Tri-C student, you must first apply to the college. If you are interested in more than one health careers program, you must submit a separate health careers application for each program. You may only apply to three programs at one time.
Veterinary technicians work under the supervision of a veterinarian to provide health care for animals in various settings. Career options for graduate technicians include private practices, emergency clinics, specialty clinics, educational institutions, research facilities, government agencies and zoological parks. Students work with companion animals, food animals, horses, laboratory animals and exotic species throughout this program.
Day in the Life: Explore the student experience in this program
- Observation Form - while observation hours are strongly encouraged, they are being waived at this time due to COVID.
- Student Health Form
- Criminal background check information
- The Ohio Association of Veterinary Technicians (OAVT)
- National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA)
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
VTNE Data: Cuyahoga Community College VT Program: VTNE Score Data
7/1/17 to 6/30/20
Number of first-time candidates that have taken the VTNE
Three-year pass percentage on VTNE