Bod Pod Testing
BodPod Testing is now available!
The BodPod uses whole-body densitometry to determine body composition (fat and fat-free mass) in adults and children and can accommodate a wide range of populations.
The BodPod provides the following measurements:
Body Fat Percentage
- An accurate assessment of body composition, body fat percentage enables sensible decisions regarding nutrition and exercise programs.
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
- Represents the minimum energy your body needs to support its basic functions, including heartbeat, breathing, maintaining body temperature and the numerous biochemical reactions required to keep you alive. In essence, it is the amount of energy the body uses at rest.
Total Energy Expenditure (TEE)
- Consists of three components: RMR, physical activity and thermic effect of food.
Why do I need to know my RMR and TEE?
Weight management depends upon the energy balance equation: the amount of energy you put into your body (your caloric intake) versus the amount of energy you expend (your TEE). The best way to lose body fat is to maintain a negative energy balance.
Cost (Prepay Online)
General public: $35*
Tri-C faculty/staff: $30*
Tri-C students/alumni: $25*
Active Military/Veteran $25 *
*Plus Eventbrite fees
Email Christopher.Faciana@tri-c.edu if you qualify for BodPod discount.
Follow each of the following steps to schedule your BodPod appointment. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to a cancelled appointment!
BodPod Testing Steps
1. Be sure to read the BodPod instructions. This is important to make sure you have the correct clothing for the test.
2. Perform a daily health assessment before coming to any campus or facility
3. When participating in a testing session, please arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your appointment to avoid congregating.
5. Pay for your BodPod appointment PRIOR TO THE APPOINTMENT
*Please bring a copy of your ticket to the test (printed out or on your phone). Cash and checks are not accepted.