The MetroHealth System
The Tri-C Access Center at MetroHealth Medical Center will connect you — easily and conveniently — with the education and job training you need to build a better future. Many of the services are available at no cost.
MetroHealth Medical Center
2500 MetroHealth Drive, S-101
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
Scholarships may be available for many of these services and programs
Community Health Worker - A Community Health Worker (CHW) is a frontline public health worker with a close understanding of the community they serve. CHWs facilitate access to health and social services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery by serving.
Learn more at an upcoming information session on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 6-7 p.m. Pre-register here.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, Sept. 26, 2022 - March 15, 2023, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. Blended learning both virtual and in-person.
Medical Terminology - Learn how to correctly spell, define and pronounce terms used by health care professionals. This course is foundational for degrees in health career programs. Virtual portion delivered via Blackboard. Earn two college credits.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, Oct. 24 – Dec. 17, 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday location: MHS Main Campus, RS1-101 Computer Lab. Thursday is virtual learning.
Microsoft Office Training - Whether you’re transitioning to a new role or need to increase your productivity, these short-term courses will improve your skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Mondays and Wednesdays, Oct. 24 – Dec. 22, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m., MHS Main Campus, RS1-101 Computer Lab
Workforce Success Course - Sharpen your job skills to succeed in the workplace. Identify academic pathways and resources to achieve your career goals. Develop your resume. Earn one college credit. Completed Tri-C application required.
- Thursdays, Oct. 27 – Dec. 22, 5:30 – 7 p.m., MHS Main Campus, RS1-101 Computer Lab
- Starting Oct. 25, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10-11 a.m. Virtual learning
To learn more, pre-register here or call 216-987-0328.
Additional Opportunities in the Community
Ohio Options - Free adult education for those seeking a high school diploma or GED/HSE, needing to improve their English (ESOL) skills or preparing for a job, college or other training.