Voter Registration Information
Thank you for voting!
Tri-C proudly supports civic engagement year-round with the help of students, faculty and staff.
2019 Voting Dates - Primary Election
- April 8 – Last Day to Register to Vote in the Primary Election
- April 9 – Vote-by-Mail begins
- May 4 at Noon – Applications for Vote-by-Mail absentee ballots for the May 7 Primary Election must be received by the Board of Elections by noon.
- May 7 – Primary Election Day 2019 (If not mailed by yesterday, Absentee Ballots must be walked into the Board of Elections by 7:30 p.m.)
2019 Voting Dates - General Election
All four Tri-C campuses will host Voter Registration events from 9/17-9/24. Look for details closer to Constitution Day.
- Tuesday, September 17 – Constitution Day
Look for events on all Campuses - from cupcakes to Jeopardy, join the fun
- Tuesday, September 24 – National Voter Registration Day (NVRD)
Tri-C is a national partner in this effort. We were proud to lead the County in Voter Registrations in 2017 and help the County achieve 25% of its 2018 NVRD goals. We're looking forward to our Students and Student Life participants achieving new goals in 2019.
- October 7 – Last Day to Register to Vote in the General Election
- October 8 – Vote-by-Mail begins in the General Election
- November 2 at Noon – Applications for Vote-by-Mail absentee ballots for the Nov. 5 General Election must be received by the Board of Elections by noon.
- November 5 – General Election Day 2019 (If not mailed by yesterday, Absentee Ballots must be walked into the Board of Elections by 7:30 p.m.)
Voter Registration forms and Vote-by-Mail requests can be picked up in any Student Life office year-round. Ohio Online Registration - Secretary of State - MyOhioVote.com
Are You Registered to Vote?
We have three questions for you ...
- Have you moved in the last five years?
- Have you changed your name?
- If you answered yes to the first two - your Voter Registration must be updated.
- Have you ever registered to vote? If no, sign up today and show the country that #TriCvotes!
Tri-C has joined with Google, fb, the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections (BOE) and thousands of partners across the country to annually celebrate American democracy with National Voter Registration Day the fourth Tuesday of each September. We were so proud to lead the County in Voter Registrations for the 2017 effort and helped the County reach 25% of its goal in 2018.
Remember to Register to Vote, so your voice can be heard each election cycle. It's one way you can truly help change the world.
- All Ohioans can register/make updates online at MyOhioVote.com – with a valid address, an Ohio ID or Driver’s License, and last four digits of your SS#
- If you don’t have those at the moment, no worries. Simply fill out a paper form. Pick one up at your campus Student Life Office. FYI – Fill it out there & they’ll send it in for you!
Facts for Thought …
- In any five-year period, 45% of eligible voters will move – and voter registration doesn’t travel with you. Each move requires you to update your address in order to keep voting.
- In half of the country’s most populous cities, less than 20% of the population voted and determined the next mayor. Register now to be heard each May and November. You can then vote from home with a Vote by Mail ballot, vote early in person at the Board of Elections in your County, or vote in person in May for the Primary and the first Tuesday in November for the General Election. #TriCvotes