Voter Registration Information
Thank you for voting in 2017!
We thank each and every one of you for helping us achieve an historic 68% passage rate of the first Capital Bond Issue in Tri-C history. The $227.5M raised will support both College capital needs and student success for the next 25 years. We begin 2018 on a productive note, as Tri-C starts putting those funds into action across the County.
2018 Voting Dates
- April 9 – Last Day to Register to Vote in the Primary
- April 10 – Vote-by-Mail begins
- May 5 at Noon - Applications for absentee ballots to be mailed for the May 8 primary election must be received by boards of elections by noon.
- May 8 – Primary Election Day (Absentee Ballots must be received by 7:30 p.m. at BOE)
- September 17 – Constitution Day
Look for events on all Campuses - from cupcakes to Jeopardy, join the fun
- September 25 – National Voter Registration Day
Tri-C is a national partner & we were proud to lead the County in Voter Registrations in 2017! We're looking forward to our Students and Student Life participants surpassing that record in 2018!
- October 9 – Last Day to Register to Vote in the General Election
- October 10 – Vote-by-Mail begins in the General Election
- November 3 at Noon – Applications for absentee ballots to be mailed for the Nov. 6 General Election must be received by boards of elections by noon.
- November 6 – General Election Day 2018
Voter Registration forms and Vote-by-Mail requests can be picked up in any Student Life office year-round.
Are You Registered to Vote?
We have three questions for you ...
- Have you moved in the last five years?
- Have you changed your name?
- If you answered yes to the first two - your Voter Registration must be updated.
- Have you ever registered to vote? If no, sign up today and show the country that #TriCvotes
Tri-C has joined with Google, fb, the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections (BOE) and thousands of partners across the country to annually celebrate American democracy with National Voter Registration Day the fourth Tuesday of each September. We were so proud to lead the County in Voter Registrations for the 2017 effort.
Remember to Register to Vote, so your voice can be heard each election cycle. It's one way you can truly help change the world.
- All Ohioans can register/make updates online at MyOhioVote.com – with a valid address, an Ohio ID or Driver’s License, and last four digits of your SS#
- If you don’t have those at the moment, no worries. Simply fill out a paper form. Pick one up at your campus Student Life Office. FYI – Fill it out there & they’ll send it in for you!
Facts for Thought …
- In any five-year period, 45% of eligible voters will move – and voter registration doesn’t travel with you. Each move requires you to update your address in order to keep voting.
- In half of the country’s most populous cities, less than 20% of the population voted and determined the next mayor. Register now to be heard each May and November. You can then vote from home with a Vote by Mail ballot, vote early in person at the Board of Elections in your County, or vote in person in May for the Primary and the first Tuesday in November for the General Election. #TriCvotes