The 2023 election year has come to a close. Join us again in 2024!
In a democracy, your vote is your voice. Tri-C is proud to be a nationally ranked institution in student voter engagement. We work to give you all the tools to put your voice to use.
"Rock the Polls"
Last year, we invited the world to take Tri-C’s "Rock the Polls" dance challenge — and that challenge remains open!
Listen to our "Rock the Polls" voting anthem, written by gospel rap artist Corey Bapes with the 2022 Democracy Fellows. We'll be continuing to Rock The Polls for the Fall 2023 General Election. In the meantime, feel free to: Learn the dance and submit your video here.
The Voting Experience
The Voting Experience: An annual student-led voting event
Tri-C scholars — Ayodele, Donte, Emmanuel, Olu, Samantha and Sylvia, with help from 2022 Democracy Fellow Ade — are serving as Campus Vote Project Democracy Fellows for 2023. It's our largest cohort to date. They're working with Tri-C Government Relations for the calendar year, engaging in nonpartisan, peer-to-peer student voter engagement.
The Voting Experience — our sixth annual voting event for students, by students — launched online to time with Constitution Day (Sept. 17, 2023), with new student-led videos added through National Voter Registration Day (Sept. 19, 2023) and beyond. The branded, pop-up voting event serves as an ever-growing legacy project for each cohort of the Campus Vote Project Democracy Fellows. It also supports Tri-C's role as a Voter Friendly Campus and an Ask Every Student Codesigner Campus.
Register to Vote
2024 is a Presidential Election Year:
First Up - The Primary Election - March 19, 2024
Registration deadline: Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024
The deadline for voter registration is 30 days before the election. That makes Feb. 20, 2024, the last day to register or update your voter registration for the 2024 Presidential Primary Election. You can either:
- Register online at VoteOhio.gov
- Pick up a paper form at any Student Life Office or Public Library and return it to your County's Board of Elections(BOE). In Cuyahoga, the BOE can be found at 2925 Euclid Avenue - at the corner of E. 30th and Euclid Ave.
- Can't remember if you're registered? No worries - check here.
Do you have questions about voting? Email email@example.com in Tri-C's Office of Government Relations.
Celebrate Civic Holidays
National Voter Registration Day (NVRD)
Tri-C is proud to be a national community partner in this annual effort to boost voter registration in America. NVRD takes place on Sept. 17, 2024.
Click the box below to view key voting dates and learn how to register. We'll also guide you through the three ways to vote: Early In-Person voting at the Board of Elections, Vote-by-Mail, voting at your local polling location on Nov. 7th, General Election day.
Tri-C celebrates many civic holidays in addition to NVRD:
- The two weeks surrounding Constitution Day — Sept. 17: Kicks off The Voting Experience at Tri-C each year. Check back for details closer to that date.
- National Voter Education Week — October: Join the fun for five days of voter education posts across social media.
- National Vote Early Day — October: Tri-C is a community champion in this effort to encourage the return of vote-by-mail ballots early, giving the post office time to get your ballot back.
In a democracy, your vote is your voice. Tri-C is proud to be a nationally ranked institution in student voter engagement (see our current designations below). We work with national, state and local partner organizations — as well as our students, faculty and staff — to give you all the tools to put your voice to use.