Women in Transition Program
The Women in Transition Program at Cuyahoga Community College is entering its 40th year of providing information, support and referrals to women who are in a transitional time in their lives.
We believe that it is through higher education and/or re-training, that possibilities are endless. Our non-credit eight-week session is designed to take the participant through a period of transformation and empower them to move forward in their lives through education and training. Our curriculum is based on Personal Development, Career Exploration, Computer Class, and Workshops. This helps women develop confidence, build self-esteem, identify marketable skills, explore interests, research options for careers and job training, and examine Tri-C educational and workforce options. The program is facilitated on 4 Tri-C Campuses throughout the year. Our classes are subject to a slightly fast-tracked format.
8-Week Fall Classes Begin the Week of January 21, 2018
Call your nearest Women in Transition Campus TODAY to start the registration process!
Eastern Campus: Student Services Room 1203 216-987-2272
Metropolitan Campus: Student Services 212 216-987-4974
Western Campus: Liberal Arts B102 216-987-5091
Westshore@Corporate College West: CCW 106 216-987-5764
It is the vision of the Women in Transition Program to be the premier college and community program focused on the growth and development of women throughout Northeast Ohio.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Women in various stages of transition in their lives i.e. returning to work force, unemployed, divorced, widowed, seeking career change or just feeling “stuck”
- Individual intake appointment completed and eligibility determined prior to start of class
- Registration is required for enrollment
FREE 8-week non-credit course in:
- Personal Development: Designed to help examine individual resources, values, and goals to help build a better future. Concentration is placed on becoming more self-directed, self-motivated, self-confident, and to broaden your communication skills
- Career Exploration: Explore your interests, skills, and attitudes. What career would match your personality? What are the "hot careers" and what can I expect to earn? What classes or degree do I need to have to become marketable in the work field? Includes various academic planning activities
- Workshop Topics: Learn to build on your self-esteem and assertiveness. You will explore health issues, safety concerns, job readiness, time management, and tools to deal with life's changes
- Computer Introduction: Entry-level computer training class where you will learn proper website search, the etiquette of email, and exploration of the Tri-C information systems. Tap into resume' sequences and much more
Other Services Available with the Women in Transition Program:
- Help with assessing financial aid resources
- GED information
- Workshops to define and strengthen your life management skills
- Information, resources and referrals to appropriate Cuyahoga Community College programs / services as well as other appropriate external resources and agencies
- Pre-employment skills including resume writing, cover letters, interviewing and presentation skills
- Help on improving your nutritional well being
- Improve your status with financial literacy
- A network of academic contacts and new friends
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Ohio Department of Higher Education
- Carl D. Perkins Act
- Westfield Foundation
- Crocker Park Foundation
- People's BankCorp Foundation
- The S.K.Wellman Foundation
- TJX Foundation
- Zonta Club of Cleveland
If you are interested in supporting this program, please contact the Tri-C Foundation at 216-987-4868.