Remote Math Placement Test
Remote ALEKS process using Proctor U:
- Students are encouraged to complete a first assessment from home as a practice attempt, which will not count for placement.
- After the initial unproctored practice attempt, students are encouraged to work in their Prep and Learning module in ALEKS to improve their math skills.
Proctor U Requirements
- Review Tri-C's Proctor U for Students webpage for critical information on using Proctor U.
- Ensure you have a Proctor U account.
Request to take ALEKS using Proctor U
- Create/Ensure you have a Proctor U account.
- Complete this form. After completing the form, an invitation to schedule an exam will be created and sent to the email provided within 24-48 business hours.
- Call a campus Testing Center if you need help with completing the form and a Testing Center representative will guide you through the remote testing process.
- Make an appointment with Proctor U.
- Complete the ALEKS assessment using the Proctor U service.
- If you are not satisfied with your placement result, you can retest!
- Complete five hours of work in your individualized Prep and Learning module in ALEKS to unlock another test attempt.
- Connect with a Math Coach for personal support along the way!
- Once you are satisfied with your math placement, please speak with a counselor to determine which courses are required for your program of study.
A Tri-C math coach will contact you to connect you with math support to help you while you work in ALEKS and prepare for your next assessment. You can do it! Our math coaches are here to help you succeed.