Program Entrance Requirements
All of the following requirements for program entrance must be completed prior to review of the application. All students submitting applications will be notified by the Program Manager of their admission status upon review of their application.
- Submission of completed Cuyahoga Community College Application Form (if not already a student of the College).
- Submission of official high school transcript or GED certificate, if not already done so. Request the high school or GED to forward one official transcript directly to: Cuyahoga Community College, Office of the Registrar, P.O. Box 5966, Cleveland, OH 44101
- Submission of official transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended, if not already done so. You do not need to request your transcript from Tri-C. Once received, the Office of the Registrar needs six to eight weeks to evaluate the transcript(s). Your Health Careers program application will not be complete until the evaluated transfer of prerequisite course equivalencies is done.
- Completion of prerequisite courses:
- BIO-2331 Anatomy and Physiology I
- ENG-1010 College Composition I
- MA-1020 Medical Terminology
- SURT-1000 Survey of Surgical Technology, grade of “B” or higher is required
- Eligibility for MATH-1240, Contemporary Mathemathics (completed MATH-0955 or 0960 or a higher level MATH course)
No prerequisite course(s) or their Tri-C transfer equivalent, may have a grade lower than “C”. Prerequisite courses may be repeated ONLY ONCE to improve a grade in order to be considered for admission
All prerequisite courses (except English and Math) must have been completed within the past seven years at the time the Health Careers program application is submitted
“Pass” or “No Pass” option is not applicable for the Prerequisite Courses or any required program course.
- Required GPA: 2.50 for prerequisite courses, 2.50 overall.
- Submission of completed Health Careers program application. Deadline to apply is May 31.
- If you have an approved course substitution or waiver for any of the prerequisite courses, you will need to include a copy of the “Petition for Course Substitution or Waiver” form with your Health Careers program application.
- ONLY submit your Health Careers program application after all prerequisite courses have been completed and grades for each course have been posted on your Tri-C transcript. Incomplete applications will be returned to the student.
- Successful completion of a Tri-C authorized background check, fingerprinting and Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) records search. You will be notified by the program director as to when this requirement must be fulfilled.