Pharmacy Technician Certificate
The Pharmacy Technology Program at Cuyahoga Community College is no longer accepting new program applications and will be discontinued effective Dec. 22, 2024. Current program students must complete their pharmacy technology courses by the end of Fall 2024. For more information, contact Mr. Greg Malone, Associate Dean, Health Careers and Sciences, Eastern Campus, Gregory.Malone@tri-c.edu, and reference the communication you have received about the program discontinuation and how to complete your licensure coursework after Dec. 22, 2024.
Area of Study: Pharmacy Technology
Degree/Certificate: Certificate of Proficiency
Contact the Financial Aid Office regarding certificate eligibility.
About the Pharmacy Technology Certificate:
The Pharmacy Technology Certificate of Proficiency prepares students for a career as a pharmacy technician in a variety of hospital or retail locations.
- Takes just two semesters to complete (after completion of prerequisites required for program entry)
- All credits apply toward Associate of Applied Science degree in Pharmacy Technology
- Includes hands-on practicum experience at one of 40 Northeast Ohio pharmacy locations
- Day and evening courses available
- Qualify for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
Immunization and Health Requirements Completion Guide (Students must meet immunization and health insurance requirements in order to begin required experiential rotations.)