Medical Assisting Certificate Admission Requirements
If you meet the requirements below, we invite you to submit a Medical Assisting application.
- High School Graduate/GED
- Completion of ENG-1010 with a "C" or higher
- Placement into College math
- Completion of MA 1010 or MA 1020 with a "C" or higher
GPA required: 2.00 Overall
- 15 students admitted per campus per semester
- Certificate of Proficiency is the first year of AAS in Medical Assisting
- Information regarding obtaining criminal background checks and health requirements will be provided at the mandatory Medical Assisting orientation.
If a student is placed in ESL courses through the college's ESL Assessment procedure (at the college Assessment Center), the student will be required to take and pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score in Reading 21, Listening 22, Writing 23 and Speaking 24.
Program Start Dates
- Metro (days) and West (nights)
- Accepting Fall 2023
- The deadline for application is June 15, 2023
- Metro (days)
- Accepting Spring 2024
- The deadline for application is November 15, 2023