Workforce Training Course Offered Through Tri-C Access Centers
Enrollment now open for fall session beginning in October
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) is offering online and in-person courses this fall to expand community access to education and job training.
Part of the ongoing Tri-C Access Centers initiative, the courses prepare participants for workplace success while introducing them to the College and its resources. In-person and online sessions begin in late October and run through early December.
Courses are available as follows:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10-11 a.m. beginning Oct. 25
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-7 p.m. beginning Oct. 25
- Wednesdays, 5:30-7 p.m. beginning Oct. 26 at Esperanza Inc. (3104 W. 25th St.)
- Thursdays, 5:30-7 p.m. beginning Oct. 27 at MetroHealth Medical Center (2500 MetroHealth Drive, Room S-101)
Participants will earn college credit; identify and boost employable skills; receive help with career planning, resumé writing and job searching; and improve study skills, time management and problem-solving skills.
Courses are open to the community and presented in partnership with Tri-C Access Center hosts. They are offered at no cost to participants through scholarship funding.
Call 216-987-0328 or visit tri-c.edu/accesscenters to preregister or learn more. Preregistration is recommended at least one week in advance of the start date.
Tri-C Access Centers have a variety of courses to meet individuals where they are in their education or career:
- Adult Diploma Program, to earn a high school diploma and credential for an in-demand job.
- Basic Computer Skills for new technology users.
- English Language Learners, which teaches reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Microsoft Office Skills, to improve skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Supply Chain and Logistics, to learn how to work in a warehouse environment.
- Women in Transition Program, a personal development and career exploration course for women.
Partners include Esperanza Inc.; The MetroHealth System; Olivet Housing and Community Development Corp., an arm of Olivet Institutional Baptist Church; Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority; and University Settlement.
September 29, 2022
Anthony Moujaes, 216-987-3068 or email@example.com