Summer ‘Tri-C Times’ Celebrates Faces of the Future
Issue profiles Class of 2023 graduates, looks at College President Michael A. Baston’s inauguration and goals, and more
The latest issue of Tri-C Times profiles five of the newest Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) graduates from the Spring 2023 Commencement, which celebrated the achievements of more than 1,800 students.
- Read about the inauguration of the College’s fifth president, Michael A. Baston, and his mission to ensure that Tri-C students earn credentials that translate into post-college success.
- Meet Sheila Miller, a 1984 alumna whose career has taken her overseas as the chief nursing officer for Cleveland Clinic London.
- Learn about the $50 million raised as part of the Skills to Succeed Campaign, the largest fundraising effort in the College’s history, to help increase access to education and training for vulnerable Northeast Ohioans and lead to family-sustaining careers.
- Discover how KeyBank’s $2 million grant will grow innovative and accessible workforce training programs and narrow the region’s employment and earnings gap.
- Meet faculty member Casey Coin-Sweeney, who believes community colleges can help mitigate the effects of climate change and presented research at Cambridge University.
- Celebrate Tri-C's Plant Science and Landscape Technology program, which took first place at the National Collegiate Landscape Competition in March at Mississippi State University in Starkville.
Tri-C Times is an award-winning publication produced by the College’s Integrated Communications department. View the Summer 2023 issue and past editions.
June 15, 2023
MEDIA CONTACT: Anthony Moujaes, 216-987-3068 or email@example.com