I know that many of you are wondering about plans for commencement. Thank you for your patience as we determined how to give our students the celebration and recognition they so richly deserve.
To protect everyone’s health and well-being, we have decided to postpone the in-person Spring Commencement ceremony until Wednesday, Dec. 16, when we will hold a separate program to celebrate the achievements of our spring and summer graduates. This is in addition to the regularly scheduled Fall Commencement ceremony on Thursday, Dec. 17.
However, to recognize and honor the perseverance of the current graduating class, we will hold a virtual ceremony on Thursday, May 14, at 6 p.m. More information will be sent to your Tri-C email next week regarding this exciting virtual ceremony and how faculty can participate to personally congratulate our students.
Please take a moment to watch the video message that went out earlier to students eligible for May graduation.
You can refer to the commencement website for more information on both ceremonies. I thank you all again for your continued creativity and flexibility in supporting our students. I look forward to seeing you virtually on May 14.
Submit a Congratulatory Video
The class of 2020 has persevered through these times to successfully complete their journey at Tri-C. Share your personal message of congratulations with these students and their families by creating and submitting a short video.
All or a portion of your video may be featured during the College's Virtual Celebration for Our Graduates. Full videos will be archived on the graduation site.
Submissions are due by 5 p.m. Friday, May 1.
You must be a current full-time or adjunct faculty member.
- Videos must be a maximum of one minute in duration.
- No copyrighted material may be used (music, etc.).
- Videos cannot contain content that violates the submission standards of YouTube or Vimeo.
- By submitting a video/photo, student and faculty agree that all persons represented in the video did provide their agreement to participate and have provided their agreement for future use of their photograph, or likeness, by Cuyahoga Community College (“the College”).
After recording your video:
- Go to Wetransfer.com on your device. (You do not need to sign up or create an account.)
- Add your video file.
- Email to email@example.com.
- Enter your email address in the "Your email" field.
- Add your S-Number and the word "Faculty" in the message box. This must be included for your video to be considered. This will help us verify your faculty status.
- Hit "Transfer" to send your video.
- The College reserves the right to edit and/or modify any video content or video titles and publish or advertise the video without student’s or faculty member’s approval, acknowledgement or compensation unless prohibited by law. By submitting, student and faculty member agrees to defend, release and hold harmless College and its agents from and against any claims, action and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from student’s or faculty member’s participation herein.
- The College has the right to modify, use, assign or dispose of student’s or faculty member’s entry however it sees fit without approval of student or faculty member or any third party. Student or faculty member grants the College the right to use their names, images, likenesses, photographs, voices and biographical materials, and video submissions, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes including posting the videos or screen names online for any purpose or on a graduate list and other online announcements, and for sharing the videos with the media for viewing, whether TV or print, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Students and faculty members shall not receive any compensation or credit for use of entries, other than that disclosed in these rules.
- Student and faculty member warrants that their submission is original, that publication of the submission does not and will not infringe on the rights of others, and student and faculty member has full power to grant ownership of the submission to the College as stated herein.
- The College has no obligation of any nature to publish, promote, display or otherwise use any information provided by students or faculty members, including but not limited to biographical or video content.
- Submissions will be reviewed on creativity, adherence to requirements, and on how well they manage to convey the themes of the topic. These are clearly subjective categories and will be treated as such.