Student Support Services Metro
What is TRIO Student Support Services (SSS)?
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federal program which helps students graduate with an associate degree or transfer to a four-year school for a bachelor's degree.
The program is open to students who are either income-eligible or whose parents did not graduate with a bachelor's degree. Students must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or refugees.
The program provides a comprehensive range of academic and other support services to eligible participants to enhance their academic skills in order to increase their rate of retention, graduation, and/or transfer to a four-year institution.
The program fosters an institutional climate supportive of the success of income-eligible and first-generation college students. All program services are provided at no cost to participants.
Students enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Tri-C's Metropolitan Campus.
- Income-eligible (based on Federal TRIO income guidelines)
- First-generation college students
- Demonstrated academic need for support services
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents or refugees
- Academic, personal, career advising
- Financial Aid advising
- Assistance in identifying and applying for scholarships
- Tutoring in math, English, science and computer literacy
- Assistance in transferring to four-year institutions
- Cultural events
- Summer math prep
- Study skills workshops
- Supplemental instruction in high risk courses
- Summer non-credit enrichment classes
- SSS TRIO Grant Aid for active SSS students who are Pell eligible with documented unmet financial need