All of the following requirements for program entrance must be completed prior to review of the application. All students submitting applications will be notified by the Program Manager of their admission status upon review of their application.
- Submission of completed Cuyahoga Community College Application Form (if not already a student of the College).
- Submission of official high school transcript or GED certificate, if not already done so. Request the high school or GED to forward one (1) official transcript directly to: Cuyahoga Community College / Office of the Registrar / P.O. Box 5966 / Cleveland, OH 44101
- Submission of official transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended, if not already done so. You do not need to request your transcript from Tri-C. Once received, the Office of the Registrar needs 6-8 weeks to evaluate the transcript(s). Your Health Careers Program Application will not be complete until the evaluated transfer of prerequisite course equivalencies is done.
- Completion of Prerequisite Courses:
- ENG-1010 College Composition I
- MATH-0955 Beginning Algebra
- MA-1020 Medical Terminology I
No Prerequisite Course(s) or their Tri-C transfer equivalent, may have a grade lower than “C”. Prerequisite Courses may be repeated ONLY ONCE to improve a grade in order to be considered for admission. MA-1020 must have been completed within the past seven (7) years at the time the Health Careers Program Application is submitted
“Pass” or “No Pass” option is not applicable for the Prerequisite Courses or any required program course.
- Required GPA: 2.00 overall.
- Submission of completed Health Careers Program Application. Deadline to apply is June 30th.
- If you have an approved course substitution or waiver for any of the Prerequisite Courses, you will need to include a copy of the “Petition for Course Substitution or Waiver” Form with your Health Careers Program Application.
- ONLY submit your Health Careers Program Application after all Prerequisite Courses have been completed and grades for each course have been posted on your Tri-C transcript. Incomplete applications will be returned to the student.
- Successful completion of a Tri-C authorized background check, fingerprinting and Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) records search. You will be notified by the Program Manager as to when this requirement must be fulfilled.
Please visit Background Check Information for more information.
- Non-native English speaking applicants are required to take and pass TOEFL with minimum scores: Reading 21, Listening 22, Writing 23 and Speaking 24. (Completion of the ESL series or ENG-1010 does not negate this requirement.) Arrangements and costs incurred for the TOEFL will be the responsibility of the student. http://www.ets.org/toefl