(items 1-6 must be completed before formal application is made)
The goal of the Respiratory Care program is “To prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).”
CORE COURSES: Candidates must achieve a minimum of a 2.8 cumulative grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale) for the basic and additional core courses listed below. In addition, core courses may be repeated only once to improve a grade below “C”.
- ENG-1010 College Composition, or transfer equivalent English will be accepted
- MATH-1240 Contemporary Mathematics or MATH-1141 Applied Algebra and Mathematical Reasoning, or transfer equivalent/higher level Math will be accepted (MATH-1800/2800 may not be used to meet this requirement)
- BIO-1100 Introduction to Biological Chemistry or CHEM-1010 and CHEM-1020, or other equivalent/higher level Chemistry is accepted
- BIO-2331 Anatomy and Physiology I
- Overall GPA FOR APPLICATIONS must be maintained at 2.8 or better in all other courses required for graduation.
- An observation visit performed with a respiratory therapist is part of the application.
- After acceptance, all students are mandated to attend an orientation session prior to starting in the fall.
- All applicants will submit to a criminal background check no earlier than 6 months prior to entering the program.
- Call 216-987-4247 for an application, when you have completed these requirements
- Transcripts from colleges/universities other than TRI-C should be mailed to:
Cuyahoga Community College
Office of the Registrar
PO Box 5966
Cleveland, OH 44101-0966
***ADMISSION REQUIREMENT CHANGES STARTING FALL 2023 - SEE APPLICATION PACKET FOR DETAILS OR CONTACT THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR***