Laboratory Phlebotomy Program Goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts of communications, personal and patient interaction, stress management, professional behavior, and the legal implications of this work environment.
- Perform proper infection control techniques and safety measures to protect patient, co-workers and community.
- Apply knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of body systems and anatomic terminology in order to relate major area of the clinical laboratory to general pathologic conditions associated with the body systems.
- Demonstrate proper techniques using appropriate equipment to perform venipuncture and capillary puncture while maintaining quality assurance during and after specimen acquisition.
- Meet eligibility requirements to sit for American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Registry Examination or equivalent.