"Break free from the limitations of an LMS with D2L Brightspace, a learning innovation platform built to help you create highly personalized experiences that unlock learner potential at scale."
D2L Brightspace has set up a cloud hosted environment, and OLAT is working on initiating the necessary functions 3rd party applications.
The Online Learning and Academic Technology (OLAT) department will be providing support for the faculty review of D2L Brightspace from the Fall 2022 term through Spring 2023 term.
Please allow a week for the review process, considering the start date of your course.
- Prepare your Sandbox site for review by your OLAT designer. You can develop the entire course, or a minimum of two modules. Please set up your Grade Book, if possible. Remember that you should add your publisher links to the CRN site, not the Sandbox site, because they will not copy from course to course. If your course relies heavily on publisher content, work with your designer to determine if they should review the CRN site, not the Sandbox site.
- Contact your OLAT designer who leads the small groups during our training meetings so they can review your D2L Brightspace Sandbox site.
- If needed, work with the designer on any concerns or questions that come up.
- Once the designer has reviewed the D2L Brightspace Sandbox site, use the D2L Brightspace Course Copy Process to copy the sandbox to your CRN site.
Due to time and system constraints involved in a pilot integration*, student notifications will not be on by default. However, here is a quick video that we can use to encourage students to enable notifications for D2L Brightspace. Students will need to enable notifications to receive text or email notifications when announcements are posted.
*Should the College decide to move forward with D2L Brightspace as the official LMS, transitioning from the pilot to a full integration will allow the option to turn on student notifications by default.
Blackboard Site Preparation
- Each D2L Brightspace CRN course will have an available and corresponding Blackboard CRN site as a failsafe for students who may not get the message elsewhere.
- Please request your Blackboard CRN site and post the following information as an Announcement, deleting or hiding all other tabs in the menu:
This spring, Desire 2 Learn (D2L) will be used to host one (or more) of your courses, instead of Blackboard. These D2L courses can be accessed from My Tri-C Space when the Spring 2023 term begins.
How to login to your D2L Course(s)
Once you login to My Tri-C space, select D2L on the Blackboard Learn card to open D2L. Review the resources on the D2L page. To open your course, select the course available in My Courses on the D2L page. Review the course home page and select Content in the navigation bar to access course content.
- OLAT staff will be checking the Blackboard CRN sites to ensure that students have the information they need to be redirected to the D2L Brightspace course site. It is critical that students are able to locate their course sites in a timely manner.
Recordings of the training sessions can be found on the OLAT's LMS Review Tutorial Videos Channel.
D2L Brightspace Courses for Spring 2023
A list of the courses being taught using D2L Brightspace for the Spring 2023 term can be found on the LMS Review Student Resources page.