The Institute for Community Engagement and Development
The Institute for Community Engagement and Development oversees three components of the College’s effort to meet individuals where they are — in their communities.
Under the institute’s infrastructure, these efforts can share best practices, expand knowledge of learning in underserved communities through research, and create a comprehensive pipeline to campus-based resources and learning.
The Institute for Community Engagement and Development is led by the Tri-C Council for Community Access and Development. Comprised of a group of notable corporate, non-profit and civic leaders, and reprentatives of diverse industry sectors from Northeast Ohio. View the council members.
Statement from Dr. Johnson/Dr. Marshall
- Remove barriers to higher education access
- Promote engagement in the community
- Facilitate community outreach opportunities
- Improve academic attainment in underserved communities
- Create employment opportunities within underserved communities
- Leverage community partnerships to benefit engagement in higher education
- Promote research and contribute to community, workforce and ______ development
- Connect community members to education, training and jobs
- Impact whole families by offering opportunities and pathways out of poverty