The Metro Campus Optical Clinic is a student-managed optical dispensary where students in the Optical Technology program gain hands-on experience under the direct supervision of licensed opticians. The Optical Clinic is open to all Tri-C students and Cuyahoga County residents. Tri-C employees are not eligible to receive services at the Metro Campus Optical Clinic.
Patients must bring a current prescription no older than two years, as prescribed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist.
Single vision lenses are available, as well as a variety of frames. Fees vary and must be paid prior to service delivery.
- Eyeglass design: Students use cutting-edge equipment to take custom measurements.
- Eyeglass fabrication: Eyeglasses are made to order by Optical Technology students. All eyewear is verified and approved by a licensed optician.
- Eyeglass dispensing: Eyeglasses are dispensed by an Optical Technology student under the supervision of a licensed optician.
Thank you to everyone who supported the Optical Dispensary during the Fall 2023 semester!
We are closed for the Fall semester and will reopen Feb. 7, 2024.
Hours of Operation:
- Wednesdays, Feb. 7 - March 6, 2024, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Wednesdays, March 20 - April 10, 2024, 10-11:30 a.m.