Eastern Campus Quad Project
The East Quad Project will create a traditional campus quad by focusing on greening and infrastructure improvements to the Eastern Campus. This additional green space for community and student activities will be created by re-configuring roads, parking and sidewalks and will also include renovations of the existing running track. The associated realignment of roadways and parking will also provide better and safer pedestrian and vehicular circulation.
View a live webcam of the project.
Six priority project areas
- Circulation improvements (both vehicular and pedestrian)
- Campus green
- Athletic field enhancements
- Parking expansion
- Multi-purpose trail development
April 2019 – Fall 2021
Project work is being done with careful controls, compliance, and with safety, as the highest priority.
The construction team realizes these are high impact areas and they are doing their best to minimize impact to students and employees.
Entry into the construction area is prohibited. In the image below, the construction area is outlined in orange.
Beginning the first week of April, Parking Lot D, located southwest of the Health Careers and Technology building, will be closed. During construction, the work site will be barricaded; only construction traffic will be permitted to use Robert Bishop Drive at Richmond Road.
Visitors and building users should park in lot R2.
- Lot R1 will be closed until June 28.
- An accessible temporary pedestrian walkway from Lot R2 to EHCT will be available June 14.
- The loop road will be closed June 10. RTA routes will be modified, drop-off will only occur in front of ESS.