CNC Machining Pre-Apprenticeship
Area of Study: CNC Machining Pre-Apprenticeship
Degree/Certificate: Short-Term Certificate
The CNC Machining Pre-Apprenticeship program leads to careers in machine tool technologies. It provides a foundation for precision machinist trade principles, conventional machining operations and computer applications of modern manufacturing technology through technical, hands-on training on CNC machines similar to those used to create parts for the auto, aerospace and agriculture industries.
Precision machinists operate metal-removing equipment such as lathes, drill presses, milling machines and grinders, many of which are computer numerically controlled (CNC). Precision machinists may specialize in operating one type of machine, or they may be required to work equally well on several.
- Understand the types of composites and polymers used in manufacturing precision components
- Operate injection molding equipment
- Can apply for formal apprenticeship programs for entry into the trades journeyman pathway
- Develop skills in:
- Shop mathematics
- Blueprint reading and engineer designs
- Machining processes
- Precision layout and measurement
- Organization, communication and teamwork
- Independent problem-solving
- Programming and operating CNC milling and turning centers
- Can safely and efficiently operate:
- Engine lathes
- Drill presses
- Surface grinders
- Horizontal and vertical mills
- CNC machining and turning centers
- Use precision-measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers) to inspect parts for conformance
- Are prepared for entry-level careers as manufacturing technicians or CNC programmers/operators
- Work in machining shops or in manufacturing industries, such as machinery manufacturing or transportation equipment manufacturing
Explore how Tri-C CNC/machinist pre-apprenticeship training program will help you begin your future in manufacturing.
|Train to Qualify:||For an entry-level position in the machine tool trade
(Starting salary $19-$22/hour)
Scholarships, grants and financial aid available for those who qualify. link to: https://www.tri-c.edu/paying-for-college/financial-aid-and-scholarships/
Under 24 years scholarship? Contact: Advanced Technology Academy [ATA] link to: https://www.tri-c.edu/technology-academies/advanced-technology-academy/index.html
Other Scholarships: View the College Now Flyer.
Need help with your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? Contact the Education Opportunity Center via email at email@example.com or by phone at 216-987-6320 and leave a message.
|Finish the Program:||In under seven months. Enter the demanding machining job market quickly! View course requirements.|
State issued, Pre-Apprenticeship Certification [industry-recognized credential worth 12 points towards high school graduation]
Certificate of Competency from the Workforce, Community and Economic Development Division.
Third-party testing offered at Tri-C
The 27 credits you earn as a part of this certificate can apply toward a: Registered CNC/Machining Apprenticeship or Applied Industrial Technology Associates Degree .
|You Will Learn:||
To safely set up and operate:Milling machines
Basic CNC machines
Precision measurement instruments
|Convenience:||Day and evening classes available|
|TO START:||Call 216-987-0146|