What is Optical Technology?
Opticians are professionals who fit eyeglasses or contact lenses as prescribed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist. They analyze prescriptions — along with the patient’s occupation and habits — in order to make recommendations about lenses and frames. Licensed opticians may work in retail, lab or private practice settings.
Upon successful completion of the Optical Technology program, graduates are eligible to sit for state certification and licensure exams.
- Hands-on experience in Tri-C’s Optical Dispensary
- Paid internship experience
- Excellent employment and advancement opportunities
- 100% exam pass rate and job placement rate in 2021
- Degree and certificate options