1. Overall GPA required: 2.5
2. Core/prerequisite course GPA required: 2.5
3. Student must earn a C or better in the following core/prerequisite courses:
- ENG 1010 - College Composition I
- MA 1010 - Introduction to Medical Terminology
- BIO 2331 - Anatomy & Physiology I
Please note: You may only repeat a core course once to improve your grade. A W counts as an attempt.
4. Documented exposure to Occupational Therapy
In order to meet this requirement, a prospective student can obtain 16 hours shadowing an OT Practitioner or complete OTAT 1300 Occupational Therapy Principles
- The program strongly recommends that a prospective student complete 16 hours of shadowing of an OT practitioner. Paid experience as a rehab or OT aide will also be accepted. Shadowing experience hours should be documented using the job shadow/volunteer experience form below.
- If a student opts to meet the requirement via enrolling in OTAT 1300 Occupational Therapy Principles, the course must be completed with a grade of B or higher.
- Some students opt to complete both shadowing and OTAT 1300 prior to admission.
Please note: OTAT 1300 Occupational Therapy Principles is a required course for the OTAT program, even if shadowing is completed. If OTAT 1300 is not taken prior to admission, it must be taken no later than the student's first semester in the program.
- Students must receive a grade of B or higher in this course, regardless of when it is completed. If a student does not receive a grade of B or higher, OTAT 1300 may be repeated only once. A W counts as an attempt.
See Admission Criteria for additional information.