Accounting News - The General Journal
DO NOT MISS THESE COLLEGE-WIDE EVENTS --- COMING SOON --- !!!!:
3/24/20 - Get Down to Business (& Accounting) Event
- Metro campus - MCC 201 - 11:30am-1:30pm
- Register @ www.tri-c.edu/getdown2biz
- Get Down to Business Event Details (2020)
- Career ---> Employer Panel
- Where Next ---> College Transfer Representatives
4/24/20 - Friday - The Ohio Society of CPA's Sponsors: "Aspire to be a CPA"
- Western Campus - Details Forthcoming Soon !!!
Previous "General Journal" Pages
10/16/19 - Wednesday - Meet the Accountants @ Accounting/Business/IT Career Fair
- Meet the Accountants "MTA" 2019
- Thank you to the Professionals from:
- Pease & Associates, CPAs
- CB Tax & Accounting
- Vantage Financial Group
- Simic CPAs
- International Insurance Group
- MFS Supply LLC
- Aston Carter / Aerotek
- Skoda Minotti / DataServ
- ROCKET MORTGAGE / Quicken Loans
- UNION Home Mortgage
- Ganley Auto
- Cuyahoga Community College - District Accounting/Finance Team
- Corporate College - IRS Enrolled Agent (EA) Review Program
- for taking the time out of their busy schedules to make our event a success
- Thank you to our Students who investigated future positions and career paths
- Thank you to our C
areerServices Team for:
11/21/19 - Friday - Accounting Bus Tour - A Great Success Every Time !!!
We are Working for Your Success
$$$ SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES $$$
Payne, Nickles & Company, CPAs,
Through the Huron County Community Foundation (an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Lorain County), is proud to announce it is again offering up to two (2) $2,000 scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year. The scholarship is open to second, third, fourth and fifth year students with accounting majors, and is intended to assist the student in meeting the 150-hour requirement to take the CPA exam.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- · Erie/Huron, or contiguous counties, Ohio resident
- · Minimum 2.8 grade point average
- · Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The application must be received by 5 PM on Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Our scholarship is based on field of study, merit, financial need and community involvement. The decision is final and will be announced in late June. The scholarship will be paid to the school (not to an individual or bookstore) in one installment.
- The scholarship application can be downloaded from
Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges (TACTYC)
- Announces several scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each for use by the winners during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Several scholarships will be awarded to students who will be graduating from a two-year college during Spring 2020, and will begin pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting at a four-year institution during Fall 2020.
- Several scholarships will be awarded to students who are currently attending a two-year college during Spring 2020 and will continue at a two-year college pursuing a degree or certificate in Accounting during Fall 2020.
- For requirements and to complete the online application go to:TACTYC.Org/Scholarships
The Ohio Society of CPAs’ (OSCPA) Accounting Careers Leadership Academy (ACLA)
- AICPA annual conference for college students from traditionally underrepresented populations.
- ACLA is specifically designed to increase the number of underrepresented CPAs and accounting professionals, including, but not limited to those who identify as: having a disability, LGBTQ, veterans, first-generation, and people of color.
- Please note that this program is fully funded by The Ohio CPA Foundation and students will incur no cost other than travel expenses to and from the program.
- The event will take place at The Hilton Easton, which includes one overnight stay.
- Please note that we will be holding a networking reception on the evening of May 14th in which students will have the opportunity to meet and network with recruiters from companies and firms throughout Ohio!
- Rebecca Hixen, CAE | Director, Student & Young Professional Initiatives
- The Ohio Society of CPAs | ohiocpa.com
- 4249 Easton Way | Suite 150 | Columbus OH 43219
- T 614.764.2727 x2248 | C 440.773.1547
The Institute of Certified Management Accountants' "IMA" Scholarship
- Your University/College can nominate up to 10 students per academic year.
- The CMA scholarship includes a package of benefits enabling you to study and sit for the exam at no cost. All nominated students receive the scholarship.
- To date, IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) has awarded CMA Scholarships to over 10,000 students worldwide, valued at more than $14 million in total.
- Don't delay! If you are a high-achieving student, you deserve to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Apply Year-Round ----> Yes, Year-Round @ IMAnet.org
Alumni and CPA Prep Candidates: CPA Review Scholarship
- Roger CPA Review is excited to honor:
- 10 deserving CPA candidates with a full-ride to the Elite-Unlimited Course.
- Between now and April 24th
- Accepting applications for the 2020 Scholarship Program!
- Share this opportunity with anyone you know considering CPA licensure
Roger CPA Review Scholarship Application
Payroll Certification Review Course:
NOW !!! at Corporate College
Contact a Professor and give us your news:
- Job Change
- Internship Experience
- Co-op Experience
- Pass an Exam
- Job Opening
- CPE Event
- Obtain CPE Credits
Tri-C is YOUR Accounting Home