SAVE THE DATE
Pride in the CLE
June 4, 2022
Additional details will be provided as they become available. In the meantime, mark your calendar and email SOGE@tri-c.edu with any questions.
Safe Zone Ally Training
Cuyahoga Community College cares about being inclusive of all people. Safe Zone Ally Training is a two-hour workshop that builds awareness of topics related to sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. It includes an overview of LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning) research and data, along with awareness-building activities, relevant resources and suggestions for discussing these topics.
Virtual Training Now Available
What is a "Safe Zone"?
A Safe Zone is a space in which everyone will be respected and heard, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression. Safe Zone Ally Training was created in 2004 by Western Campus’ student-run Lambda Gender-Sexuality Alliance. The Safe Zone logo designates a “safe space,” whether on an office window, door or button. People should feel comfortable discussing LGBTQ+/ally-related issues in this open and affirming space.
Who is a "Safe Zone Ally"?
A Safe Zone Ally displays the Safe Zone logo in their workspace to indicate that they have attended training and signed a contract in which they acknowledge that they:
- Are aware of the spectrum of sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
- Will listen to those students and employees who seek to discuss LGBTQ+/ally-related issues with them.
- Understand the importance of using the pronouns and names by which individuals wish to be addressed.
- Have access to current referral and resource information.
- Will help promote an environment in which all individuals are respected.