Environmental Health and Safety
Maintain and provide all driver approval training, provide oversight for all college safety committees, provide leadership in the establishment of a College-wide emergency notification/public announcement system, provide all mandated OSHA training to all affected College employees, conduct annual departmental OSHA safety audits, provide regulatory compliance/oversight for all asbestos related projects and maintain College-wide database, provide/conduct annual EPA regulated College-wide hazardous waste disposals, provide/conduct College-wide infectious waste disposals, provide indoor air quality assessments, process annual Ohio EPA air permits for College boilers and gas tanks, provide annual asbestos monitoring, and respond to and assist in all major emergency operations as needed.
MSDS On-Line (All SDS sheets are available to anyone accessing the link through the College network) -- Chemwatch
Seasonal Health Information:
Pease see the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website and other government health agency websites for more information about vaccination, precautions, symptoms, and other key resources as it relates to disease transmission. Also, reference: Tri-C Infectious & Contagious Illness Reporting.
- Center for Disease Control - Seasonal Influenza (flu)
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health Influenza Activity Weekly Reports
- Immunization Information
- Internal Tri-C Training (See directions below)
- For the internal training log-in to My Tri-C Space, Click TEC and Search for Training under the Subject: Environmental Health & Safety
Fire Harzard Concerns:
- National Fire Protection Association Report & Statistics
- A reminder, use of space heaters is prohibited in College buildings and facilities due to the risks associated with fire and electrical hazards. If you are encountering outages or issues with the heating, cooling, and/or ventilation in your work area, please reach out to the Plant Operations team for assistance.