If you have not registered for a class in the past year:
Please follow the steps below:
- If you HAVE NOT registered for classes in the past three semesters, apply for admission online.
- You will receive an email notification with your Tri-C student identification number after your application has been processed.
- Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.gov.
- Use Cuyahoga Community College Code 003040.
- Check all financial aid requirements in my Tri-C space in the Paying for College tab under the Financial Aid button. Submit the required documents early to make sure your award is processed in time to pay for classes. View the priority deadline and important financial dates.
- Look at the available scholarships from Tri-C to see if you qualify.
- Apply for all of Tri-C’s Foundation Scholarships with one application in your my Tri-C space account in the Paying for College tab under the Financial Aid button.
In order to be eligible for Financial Aid or Tri-C scholarships and grants you must fill out a FASFA. Learn more about the Financial Aid and Scholarship process at Tri-C.
If you previously submitted your transcript to Tri-C, please verify that your transcript is still on record by calling 216-987-6000 (Option 1).
If you have attended another college or university since you were last enrolled at Tri-C, please request to have your official* college transcript(s) and/or Joint Services Transcript (for military credit) sent to the Register's Office:
Cuyahoga Community College
Office of the Registrar
PO Box 5966
Cleveland OH 44101-0966
*An official transcript must be printed within the last year and sent directly from the institution in a sealed envelope marked “official.”
• Official transcripts can be hand-delivered to any Enrollment Center office as long as the transcript is in a sealed envelope.
• Faxed transcripts are not accepted.
• Transcripts must be received prior to being awarded financial aid and starting classes.
Sign into my Tri-C space. As soon as your application is processed, the College will generate your my Tri-C space account. Here, you will obtain important information regarding registration, financial aid and course planning. Within my Tri-C space, you will also have an email account. Remember to check your email regularly for important updates.
- Go to my.tri-c.edu
- Click "Change Your Password" to create a new password
- Enter your Tri-C ID (S#) and click "Continue"
- Enter your date of birth as your old password. Enter in m/d/yyyy format with no leading zeros
- Create a new password. Re-enter the password
- Click the "Change" button. You will be redirected to the my Tri-C space login page
- Log in using your Tri-C ID and the password you just created. (You will need to create a new password every 120 days)
- Call your campus Counseling Office at 216-987-6000 (option 4) to schedule an appointment with a counselor. For your convenience, you can also make an appointment online. Look at your my Tri-C space account under the Student tab and click the Counseling button.
- Depending on your status, you may need to take the placement test(s) before you register. Contact the Counseling Office at 216-987-6000 (Option 4) to determine if testing is necessary and make an appointment for advising. Visit www.tri-c.edu/counseling-center for more information.
- Register for classes on the Registration Tab of my Tri-C space or in person at the Enrollment Center.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that all tuition and fees are paid. Registration is not complete until you have paid or made arrangements to pay for your tuition and fees. There is a payment deadline for each term. Pay your bill online or set up an installment plan on the Paying for College tab of my Tri-C space or make other arrangements with the Enrollment Center by the payment deadline. Students using financial aid must have an authorized award prior to the payment deadline – or be prepared to pay out of pocket. Financial aid status, including required documents and award overview, can be viewed under my Tri-C space in the Paying for College tab under the Financial Aid button. View the deadline dates.
- Visit a campus Enrollment Center to have your photo taken for your student ID. Your My Tri-C ID card is necessary for conducting business at the College. A government issued photo ID is required. Your first ID is free; there is a fee for a replacement ID.
- Buy your books at the campus bookstore (see your printed schedule) or on the Tri-C bookstore website before the start of classes. The bookstore offers rentals, e-books, used books and new books.
Go to your classes, meet new people, and continue your college career at Tri-C!
Returning After an Academic Dismissal
- Complete an Admissions Appeals Board Petition for Readmission form and meet with an Academic Counselor in any Counseling Office. Petition forms are available in the Enrollment Centers and the Counseling Offices. Completed petition forms must be submitted to the Enrollment Center no later than 10 business days prior to the first day of class of the semester.
- You will be notified by letter after committee review of your eligibility to return and what courses you are eligible to enroll for.
- Once approved for readmission, you must register in person at any Enrollment Center.