Strategic Plan for Cuyahoga Community College
Strategic Focus Areas
- Student Completion- The urgent need to substantially increase the number of students graduating from community colleges is a national, state and local priority. Cuyahoga Community College will increase the three-year graduation rate for first-time, full-time entering fall students and increase the overall number of certificates and degrees granted annually.
- Student Experience- National and local research demonstrates that decreasing time to completion while engaging students in the learning process is essential. The College will provide structured educational pathways and individualized support to track progress and reduce time to college completion for all students.
- Equity in Outcomes- Closing the achievement gap in student success outcomes requires an intentional focus on the re-allocation of resources to make higher education credentials attainable for all students, regardless of age, race or economic standing.
- Workforce Impact- A skilled workforce is critical to the economic development and competitive vitality of Northeast Ohio. The College must increase its organizational capability and footprint to provide quality training, products and services for all citizens in the region by ensuring that its workforce training programs are closely aligned with high-demand, rapidly changing industry sectors.
- Transparency, Accountability & Communication- Tri-C must hold itself accountable as an organization and remain transparent when communicating outcomes and achievements both internally and externally. By doing so, the College will promote good stewardship of resources and showcase student success.
- Commitment, Continuity & Community Outreach- Northeast Ohio has depended on Tri-C for affordable and accessible educational opportunities for more than half a century. The College commits to maintaining its institutional mission, vision, culture and service in the face of social, economic and political change in order to remain accessible and affordable to the students and community who rely upon us.