Communication and Community
Goal: Increase awareness of sustainability issues among campus and community members through education and outreach and empower sustainability action on campus and within the broader community.
Progress to date:
- Student clubs including the Environmental Health and Safety club at the Eastern Campus help connect students and members of the community with sustainability efforts at Tri-C and beyond.
- Composting food waste with community partners including the Rid-All Green Partnership and Rust Belt Riders.
- Community gardens have been created at the Western Campus and the Westshore Campus.
- Tri-C has held Earth Day events at our campuses for several years. Details on the events that have been held are below:
- View Earth Day Posters created by Eastern Campus students in the Visual Communication-Graphic Design "Brand Identity Design" class.
- Read the six winning entries in Tri-C's 2012 Earth Week Poetry Contest at the Metro Campus, judged by poet Michele F. Cooper. The poems were written by five Tri-C students and one faculty member.