Sustainability at Tri-C
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) aspires to instill in our students, faculty, and staff a sense of stewardship towards the environment by giving them the information and support to continue sustainability efforts beyond the campus environment.
Sustainability at Tri-C means achieving the College’s educational and community missions with a sense of responsibility for preserving the environment, promoting the economy and improving society as a whole.
Earth Day is April 22! See schedules of Earth Day events planned at Tri-C's Metro, Western, and Eastern Campuses, including student presentations, presentations from community organizations, a movie screening, a panel discussion, and more.
- Curious about how mixed recycling collected around Tri-C gets sorted? See what happens with Tri-C's mixed recycling.
- Tri-C's Metro Campus has a UHBikes bike share station near the Student Services building, giving people another transportation option. Check out the UHBikes map for bike share station locations, and use your Tri-C email address to sign up for UHBikes membership at the discounted student rate!
- A Sustainable Cleveland 2019 video about how performing arts advance sustainability featured an Honors Speech Communications class from Tri-C’s Metro Campus performing a reading of a sustainability-themed play written by a local playwright.
- The Winter 2015 edition of Tri-C Times highlighted Tri-C Sustainability efforts.
- Registered and paid credit students at Tri-C receive a free RTA U-Pass to improve accessibility to campus and encourage the use of mass transit.
Sustainability Plan & Sustainability Implementation Plan
Tri-C created a Sustainability Plan in 2010 to guide sustainability efforts with a specific focus on the six categories below, and created a Sustainability Implementation Plan in 2014 to identify key strategies to move toward the goals below. The 2017 Sustainability Implementation Plan Progress Report, 2016 Sustainability Implementation Plan Progress Report, and 2015 Sustainability Implementation Plan Progress Report highlight key recent achievements related to sustainability.
Sustainability Plan Goals
Awards and Recognition
- 2010 Crain's Emerald Award in the Large Non-Profit Companies category. Crain’s Emerald Awards honor outstanding Northeast Ohio companies, organizations, and leaders who have successfully implemented and benefited from strategic sustainable priorities that significantly trim costs and increase cash flow with innovations and products designed to reduce its environmental footprint.
- 2003 and 2004 Governor's Award for Excellence in Energy Efficiency