The student-run Optical Dispensary, located at Tri-C's Metropolitan Campus, is under the direct supervision of licensed opticians. Optical Technology students will gain experience in the field by helping students, employees and community members with the fitting and purchase of eyeglasses. Patients will be required to bring a current prescription as prescribed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist. A current prescription is unexpired and must not be older than two years.
Single vision and bifocal lenses are available to fit a variety of frame designs. Fees will vary depending on the choice of lenses and frames. When applicable, fees must be paid prior to optical services being provided.
- Eyeglass design: Our students take individualized physiognomic measurements using state of the art equipment
- Eyeglass fabrication: Eyeglasses are custom made by one of our Optical Technology students and all eyewear is verified and approved by an optician who is licensed in the State of Ohio
- Eyeglass dispensing: All eye glasses are dispensed by an Optical Technology student under the supervision of an optician who is licensed in the State of Ohio
- Fall and Spring semesters only
- The Metro Campus Optical Dispensary will be open on Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon) beginning Wednesday, January 30, 2019.
- We will be closed on Wednesday, March 13, 2019, for Spring Break, but will reopen on Wednesday, March 20, 2019.