The Ohio General Assembly passes legislation to create community colleges in Ohio, thanks to the advocacy of Tri-C’s first Board of Trustees and Ralph Besse.
Cuyahoga Community College (is) chartered by the state of Ohio and Dr. Charles Chapman is appointed as the college’s first president.
Cuyahoga Community College opens its doors to over 3,000 enthusiastic students at the Brownell Building in Downtown Cleveland.
As the enrollment grows to 6,000 the college expands the Gallo Building at 1012 Sumner Ave, the Old IRS Building at 626 Huron, and their science and technology facilities at 2214 E 14th St.
The Community celebrates the groundbreaking at the Metro Campus with a parade past their College facilities and downtown, ending at the campus’ future home in the St Vincent Urban Renewal District.
First classes held at the Western Campus in the temporary site of the Crile Veterans Hospital building.
College enrollment reaches 15,000