Computer Numerical Control CNC
- This program offers training for both new and experienced CNC personnel.
- Students new to CNC can learn basic CNC operator skills necessary for entry-level employment in manufacturing and earn a CNC Technology Certificate.
- Experienced CNC personnel can attend any of the CNC Certificate courses they like or choose from a list of additional courses designed for individuals working in the field.
Who should attend?
Manual machinists, CNC operators, CNC programmers, shop floor technicians and shop floor supervisors.
Participants will learn::
- Shop Math
- Blueprint Reading & Gaging Review
- Machining processes
- Set-up and Operation of CNC Mill and Lathe
- Tooling used for CNC Machining
- Basic CNC Programming for Mill and Lathe
- Overview of CAD/CAM using MasterCAM
Previous experience with machine tools or completion of a Machining Technology Program.
Requirements for Completion:
To earn the CNC Technology Certificate, you must successfully complete five required classes totaling 160 hours of coursework. The program also offers four optional labs for those students who need hands-on machine time.
View Courses & Register
- ZCNC-1005: MasterCAM - Basic Mill
- ZCNC-1006: CNC Fundamentals
- ZCNC-1007: CNC Technologies
- ZCNC-1008: CNC Lathe - Advanced
- ZCNC-1009: CNC Mill - Advanced
- ZCNC-1012: CNC Mill Lab 1
- ZCNC-1013: CNC Lathe Lab 1
- ZCNC-1016: CNC Mill Lab 2
- ZCNC-1017: CNC Lathe Lab 2
- ZCNC-1038: MasterCAM - Basic Lathe
- ZCNC-1062: Customized CNC Lathe Operations with NIMS