Seek advisement from Counseling
Prior to requesting admission into a Nursing Program the following must be done:
- Complete the required pre-requisite course work for the desired program and/or track.
- For core pre-requisite courses obtain at least a 2.0 grade in each and have a recorded overall GPA of 3.0 or higher for ADN tracks or an overall GPA of 2.5 GPA for the Practical Nursing Program. Numerical rounding is not done with GPA's.
Meet criteria and request to be reviewed.
The criteria below must be met in order to submit a request to be reviewed. Please note, having one of these areas missing could result in a declined review.
Nursing Checklist Criteria
- I have transcripts from other schools on file
- I have a high school diploma/GED on file
- I have met with a counselor and reviewed my records for the nursing program I am interested in
- I have completed all pre-requisite courses with a "C" or higher and my grades are posted
- My overall GPA meets requirements for the program I am applying for
If you meet the above criteria submit an: Online Request for Review
Note: Upon a successful review, students will be sent information to proceed with the entrance test and background check. Please allow a minimum of 7-14 business days for a notification as volume varies.
The Division of Nursing will review the student’s admission and academic record. Following the Division’s review, the prospective applicant will receive an e-mailed response to their Tri-C email address. The response will either give the student information about taking the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) exam or decline the student’s admission request. Prospective nursing students, please be advised that for best consideration to enter a Spring 2019 nursing program, all admission requirements including the HESI A2 entrance exam must be completed by October 30, 2018.
Nursing placement is only offered when all the admissions requirements are met, including the HESI A2 entrance exam. A background check is required four-six months prior to the start of a program. Nursing placement is offered via an emailed communication and is only sent to the students Tri-C email account. Please ensure that your account is active and accessible.
Acceptance is granted on a first-come space-available basis.
For questions, the Division of Nursing may be contacted at 216-987-4067, or e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder: As part of the admission process all students applying for Nursing and Health Career Programs must complete a background check that includes finger printing and court search (BCI). Background Check Information.
Students with a citation will have their record reviewed on an individual basis and this information will be kept confidential. In some instances a citation may preclude a student from being accepted into a health career program. Also, drug screening may be required for some training sites.