Right Skills Now CNC Operations Program with Swagelok
The Right Skills Now CNC Operations program evolved from a collaboration among MAGNET, Tri-C and Swagelok to meet the demand for skilled CNC operators. The program combines 180 hours of training with 320 hours of paid internship to prepare individuals for a career in the manufacturing industry. Training is offered both day and evenings. Students scoring 70% or better with perfect attendance in training will be offered an 8-week paid internship at Swagelok Company. Upon successful completion of the internship you will be offered a full-time position at Swagelok.
- Day program- 8 weeks of training; opportunity to earn an 8-week paid internship at Swagelok
- Evening program- 10 weeks of training; opportunity to earn an 8-week paid internship at Swagelok
- Right Skills Now is an acceleration of the NAM- Endorsed Manufacturing Skills Certification Systems
- Opportunity to earn a national certification by National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Skills validation by achieving a Silver NCRC Level 4 in Workeys: Applied math, Locating Information & Reading Information
- Ability to attend all program sessions
- Agree to background check/drug test
- Receive 500 hours of training and internship experience.
- Opportunity to earn NIMS Level 1 CNC Operator certification.
- Obtain manufacturing skills which prepare you for a job in the manufacturing industry earning approximately $15 – $17 per hour.
- Earned internship can be applied toward tuition costs.
- Upon successful completion of the program you will be offered a full-time position at Swagelok.
- Cost: $4,295
- Tuition includes job placement services
- Tuition assistance may be available to those who qualify through Ohio Means Jobs
- Days: Sept 17, 2018, Mon- Thurs, 9am - 4pm, 8 weeks
- Evening: Oct 22, 2018, Mon-Thurs, 5:30pm - 9:30pm, 10-1/2 weeks
Please note: To enter the program, you need to take the WorkKeys exam, interview with Swagelok Company and complete a background check. This process can take up to 3 or 4 weeks to complete so please plan accordingly.