Educational Opportunity Center
The Educational Opportunity Center provides information regarding financial and academic assistance available for individuals who desire to pursue a program of postsecondary education; and assistance to individuals in applying for admission to institutions that offer programs of postsecondary education, including assistance in preparing necessary applications for use by admissions and financial aid officers. The program is funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Federal TRIO Programs.
Who is Eligible?
Participants must be Cuyahoga County residents, 19 years or older, who are low-income individuals and/or potential first-generation college students desiring to enroll in a program of postsecondary education. Participants may be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or refugees.
What are the services?
- Academic advice and assistance in institution, program and course selection
- Assistance in completing college admission and financial aid applications
- Assistance in identifying and applying for scholarships
- Advice on secondary school reentry or General Education Development (GED) Program
- Orientation to postsecondary student uses of information technology
- Assistance in exploring & making career choices
- Assistance in resolving student loan default