Behavior Intervention Team
BIT is a proactive way to address the growing need in the college community for centralized, coordinated, caring developmental intervention for those in need prior to crisis. Members of the team meet regularly to review reports submitted on distressed students and intervene and address the situation using referrals to services. BIT teams are not part of the Student Judicial process of the college and they are not a direct service to students.
Typical team composition:
- Dean of Student Affairs
- Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
- Director of Counseling
- Sergeant, Campus Police Department
- Clinical Psychologist (Counseling Dept.)
- Representative from Access Department
- Representative from Evening/Weekend Office
* The BIT Team varies from campus to campus and members can change year to year.