Cuyahoga Community College employees must exhibit a high degree of personal integrity at all times. This requires sincere respect for the rights of others, and refraining from any behavior that might be harmful to one's self, other members of the College community, or the College.
Employees are expected to perform their duties in good faith and in the best interests of the College. The College's Employee Code of Conduct Policy delineates the College's ethical expectations for all College employees.
Additionally, College employees are subject to the State of Ohio's Ethics Laws which prohibit public employees from:
- Disclosing confidential information
- Using their authority or influence to secure a public contract in which he/she, a family member or a business associate has an interest
- Authorizing or using their authority to influence his/her employer to invest public funds in any share, bond, mortgage or other security in which the public official or a member of the employee’s family or business associates have a financial interest
- Hiring family members or using their position or influence to secure jobs or contracts for their family
- Having an interest in the profits or benefits of a public contract entered into by the entity which with the public official is affiliated
- Accepting anything of any value, from any source other than his/her public employer, as compensation for the performance of his/her public duties.
To report possible ethical violations within the College, contact Legal Services by phone at 216-987-4856 or by email at email@example.com.
In addition to the College’s resources, the Ohio Auditor of State’s Office has also developed a system by which any Ohio citizen, including public employees, may anonymously report fraudulent activity, including misuse of public money by any official or office, via any one of these established channels:
Telephone: 1-866-FRAUD OH (1-866-372-8364)
US Mail: Ohio Auditor of State
Special Investigations Unit
88 East Broad Street, PO Box 1140
Columbus, Ohio 43215
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.