PayTrain College and University® Program
In cooperation with the American Payroll Association, Corporate College presents the PayTrain College and University® Program for payroll professionals. Comprised of two professional development courses, PayTrain Level 1 and PayTrain Level 2, this program is designed for all levels of payroll administration. Whether you are interested in preparing for the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification exams, or are new to the industry and need to learn the basics of payroll, this program can help you meet your goals.
PayTrain Level 1
Learn the fundamental payroll calculations and applications necessary for individuals who are new to the payroll industry, those who support the payroll industry, and those who are preparing for the FPC or CPP certification examinations. This program will provide you with the basic knowledge and skills required to maintain payroll compliance and prevent costly penalties.
PayTrain Level 2
This is a continuation of PayTrain Level 1 and provides students with an in-depth understanding of the advanced payroll topics necessary for payroll managers and supervisors. This program is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training, professional development, or CPP certification preparation.
Please note: In order to sit for the CPP exam, you must have spent at least three of the last five years working in the payroll profession.
- A foundation of knowledge for starting or advancing your payroll career
- Improved job performance by increasing accuracy and compliance
- Access to a network of peers to learn about payroll practices in other organizations
- Preparation for the FPC and CPP exams
- Recertification Credit Hours (RCH) or Continuing Education Units (CEU) to help maintain your FPC or CPP credential
- FPC and CPP exam candidates
- Experienced and entry-level payroll professionals
- Managers and supervisors providing strategic payroll management
- Sales professionals and consultants serving the payroll industry
- Systems analysts and engineers writing payroll programs
- Payroll service bureau client representatives
For information about the exam application, costs, test dates, testing locations, etc..., please visit the APA website links below. Please note the exam fee is not part of the Corporate College course fee.