Metro Campus Plaza Renovations
Metropolitan Campus Plaza Renovations commenced in 2016. The project will renovate concrete walkways, plazas, and landscaping at the Metropolitan Campus and has been broken into four phases.
This work includes:
- removal and renovation/replacement of the existing walkway surfaces
- expansion joints and waterproofing
- planter renovations (concrete, masonry and waterproofing)
- renovation of the underlying concrete substructure that supports the Plaza and forms the roof of the underground parking garage
The College is dividing this work into four quadrants and will work on one quadrant each year for the next four years due to seasonality.
- Construction (Northwest Quadrant): December 2019 - Summer 2020
Project renovation work is being done with careful controls, compliance, and with safety, as the highest priority.
A regulated or "demarcated area" and an additional perimeter zone will be established as the work progresses from location to location in order to keep the public at a safe distance. An environmental compliance firm is on site to observe and monitor the work and to ensure that no environmental risk is posed to workers or the Metro Campus population.
The construction team realizes these are high impact areas and they are doing their best to minimize impact to students and employees.
There are impacts to Metro Campus Pedestrian Access resulting from the Plaza Renovations.
- The pedestrian ramp on the north side of Buildings & Grounds remains closed.
- The MTLC/MHCS plaza will be closed beginning Monday, March 9. Access the Technology Learning Center and Health Careers and Sciences building via the garage level, or by the east and north facing doorways.