Math Literacy for College Students
With MATH 0990: Math Literacy you will gain a thorough understanding of real-life mathematics!
In this class, you will learn how to make sense of all the numbers around you in everyday life:
- How credit card interest rates really work
- What a “carbon footprint” is
- How to make money with investments
- How the CPI affects how much money people make
- If hybrid cars save money
- How math is used in medical and health studies
- Why it is important to know how to calculate area and volume
- Slope is a lot more than just “rise over run” …and much, much more!
You must successfully complete Math 0910 or place into Math 0955 on the placement test to be eligible for Math 0990.
Complete Math 0990 with a grade of C or better and you can enroll in Math 1100!
Note: MATH 0990 is only for students who are able to take Math 1100. Students who need to take Math 0965 or Math 1240 or higher must take Math 0955.