Why Fast-Track Math?
- Allows students to complete their required developmental math course and first college math course in one semester.
- The combo course allows the same group of students to meet with the same instructor for both 8-week courses.
- Students move into their major courses quicker by fulfilling all math requirements in one semester.
- With no lag time between courses, students may experience increased retention of information.
Courses that are Part of Fast-Track Math
There are two Fast-Track Math pathways, depending on your major. Students must have either passed MATH 0910, or have achieved placement into MATH 0955 or 0990.
For health careers students and those who need a statistics course
The statistics track is a combination of Beginning Algebra (MATH-0955) and Contemporary Math (MATH-1240)
- MATH-0955: 6 credits
- MATH-1240: 3 credits
- Continue to Statistics (MATH-1410) in the following semester if necessary
Math Literacy Track
For Associate of Arts students and those who need a 1000-level math course
The literacy track is a combination of Math Literacy for College Students (MATH-0990) and Algebraic and Quantitative Reasoning (MATH-1190)
- MATH-0990: 4 credits
- MATH-1190: 3 credits
Following are the Fast-Track Math sections for fall 2020. Students must enroll in both courses of a Fast-Track Math pairing.