Event Planning/Hospitality Industry Solutions
The Event and Meeting Planning industry is one of the top 10 fastest growing industries in Northeast Ohio and is expected to grow 11% from 2016 to 2026 according to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. With the areas recent surge in casinos, hotels, restaurants and venues, event planners are in high demand. The Hospitality/Event Planning program at Corporate College gives you the skills necessary to gain employment and enjoy a successful career.
Contact us via phone as well (216-987-2909)
View Courses and Register:
Is Event Planning Right for You?
You may have been entertaining the idea of pursuing a career in Event Planning, but you may not be completely sure if this is the right career for you. Learning the Basics of Event Planning can help you make that decision by better understanding the skills and tools needed for this career, relative to your budget, lifestyle, organizational skills and much more!
Professional Development in Meeting and Event Management
Deciding to become an event planner requires learning the essentials and all components necessary for a successful career. The Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management course will provide you with the tools and strategies to excel in event management.
The program is designed to:
- Educate participants in the fundamentals and practical knowledge of event and meeting planning
- Provide you with the skills necessary for developing, planning, marketing and executing a successful event
- Explain how to advance your event planning career, including guidelines for career pathways and options that are available and steps to take to begin your own business
This program is classroom-based and offers interactive instruction with hands-on creative activities, brainstorming sessions, volunteer opportunities and guest lecturers from the top event planners and resources in the area.
View Courses and Register:
- ZPDI-1238: Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management (Part One and Two)
- ZPDI-1252: Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management: Design (Part Two)
- ZPDI-1251: Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management: Planning (Part One)
Hospitality Industry (Food Safety)
We have partnered with TAP Series to offer these interactive online courses that are designed for food safety manager’s, individuals interested or needing to become aware of Allergen friendly foods, and those who are looking to develop a written food service operations marketing plan.
Interested in taking the Ohio Level Two: Food Safety Manager Certificate Exam? Visit a Pearson Vue Testing Center.
Pearson Vue: 1,400 test centers, cost is $47.
Before logging in to schedule your examination, find the nearest test center by clicking the button below. Once you know where you want to take the test, logon to https://www.pearsonvue.com/nrfsp/ . You will want to take the International Certified Food Safety Manager examination. From this page select “Create account”. You will fill out your application with your personal information and answer two security questions. (If you are enrolling for someone else you will need to know the question answers). There are survey questions you are not required to answer. You will pay for the examination. In a couple of days you will receive an authorization code and instructions for making an appointment to take the examination.
Ohio Test Center Procedure
Ohio test center users need to send a copy of the TAP Training Certificate and exam certificate to the state. Click here for instructions.
Select a Test Center from above.
For paper based exam, click here to view Ohio food safety manager examination proctors.
Mark Bakos and Associates
866.826.2682 (toll free)
View Courses & Register:
*Course access obtained via email within two business days of registration.
- ZPDI-1245: Allergen Awareness (Online)
- ZPDI-1246: Allergen Plan Development (Online)
- ZPDI-1247: Allergen Plan Specialist (Online)
- ZPDI-1242: Allergen-Friendly Series (Online)
- ZPDI-1415: Ohio Level One Food Protection Manager Certification (Online)
- ZPDI-1243: Ohio Level Two Food Safety Manager Certification (Online)
- ZPDI-1244: Strategies for Increasing Sales (Online)