The Event and Meeting Planning industry is expected to grow 38.4% in Northeast Ohio, according to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, from now until 2020 and it is in the top 10 fastest growing industries in Northeast Ohio. With the recent launch of casinos, new hotels, new restaurants and venues, event planning is the education to have in Northeast Ohio.
Is Event Planning Right for You?
You may have been entertaining the idea of pursuing a career in Event Planning, but you may not be completely sure if this is the right career for you. Learning the Basics of Event Planning can help you make that decision by better understanding the skills and tools needed for this career, relative to your budget, lifestyle, organizational skills and much more!
View Courses and Register:
Professional Development in Meeting and Event Management
Deciding to become an event planner requires learning the essentials and all components necessary for a successful career. The Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management course will provide you with the tools and strategies to excel in event management. Upon completion, participants will receive the Corporate College Event Planning Institute for Event & Meeting Planning certificate
The program is designed to:
- Educate participants in the fundamentals and practical knowledge of event and meeting planning
- Provide you with the skills necessary for developing, planning, marketing and executing a successful event
- Explain how to advance your event planning career, including guidelines for career pathways and options that are available and steps to take to begin your own business
This program is classroom-based and offers interactive instruction with hands-on creative activities, brainstorming sessions, volunteer opportunities and guest lecturers from the top event planners and resources in the area.
View Courses and Register:
- ZPDI-1238: Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management (Part One and Two)
- ZPDI-1252: Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management: Design (Part Two)
- ZPDI-1251: Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management: Planning (Part One)
Specific Areas in Event Planning
Often times, event planners are looking to enhance and strengthen knowledge of certain skills of event planning. These core courses are designed to target specific areas in the event planning industry, which may be just what you need for a well- rounded career as an Event Planner.
View Courses & Register:
- ZPDI-1267: Customer Service in the Hospitality Industry
- ZPDI-1262: Event Design and Production
- ZPDI-1266: Event Safety, Security and Risk Management
- ZPDI-1265: Festivals and Public Events
- ZPDI-1264: Nonprofits and Fundraisers
- ZPDI-1268: So, You Want to Start Your Own Event Planning Business?
- ZPDI-1263: Weddings and Social Events
We have partnered with TAP Series to offer these three interactive online courses that are designed for food safety manager’s, individuals interested or needing to become aware of Allergen friendly foods, and those who are looking to develop a written food service operations marketing plan. You can take all three online courses or you can take the courses that meet your needs.
Interested in taking the Ohio Level Two: Food Safety Manager Certificate Exam? Visit a Pearson Vue Testing Center.
Pearson Vue: 1,400 test centers, cost is $47.
Before logging in to schedule your examination, find the nearest test center by clicking the button below. Once you know where you want to take the test, logon to http://www.pearsonvue.com/nrfsp/. You will want to take the International Certified Food Safety Manager examination. From this page select “Create account”. You will fill out your application with your personal information and answer two security questions. (If you are enrolling for someone else you will need to know the question answers). There are survey questions you are not required to answer. You will pay for the examination. In a couple of days you will receive an authorization code and instructions for making an appointment to take the examination.
Pearson Vue Test Centers