Admission and Scholarship Information
Mandel Scholars Academy Admission Process and Requirements
- Apply to Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C). If you need assistance, work with a Recruitment Specialist.
- Upon receiving an S Number, complete Tri-C's General Scholarship Application.
- Submit the Prestigious Awards application. Completing this application ensures that you will be considered for both the Honors Program Fellowship and the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Scholars Academy.
- Schedule an admission interview to discuss your experiences, aspirations
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Eligible to enroll in college-level English and math courses
- No more than 20 college-level credits earned prior to enrolling in the Mandel Scholars Academy*
- Full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours per semester)
- Three out-of-class CLEadership activities each semester
- Three Mandel Scholars Academy courses: HUM 1020 (first semester), UST 1120 (second semester) and HUM 2020 (third or fourth semester)
*This requirement may sometimes be waived; interested students who are otherwise qualified are encouraged to contact the dean of the Mandel Humanities Center, Dr. Matthew Jordan, for more information and to discuss their options.